Friday, July 24, 2009

Up North Rioting!


Back in '05 I did an internship at Dateline NBC and Joel Silver Pictures in Los Angeles. I lived in an amazing apartment on the beach in Santa Monica with one of my best friends Jenna. She was doing an internship at William Morris Agency (A top talent agency in town!) and met a gal named Becca, at the internship they also met another chic named Alex. The four of us had so much fun in L.A. that summer!
<---- That's us (plus a few other friends!)
Little did we all know that Becca was an amazing violin player and soon after that summer created a band with some fellow Syracuse musicians - that band is called Ra Ra Riot and they are one of the best new bands out there! Ever since first hearing Ra Ra Riot's music I have been amazed by their sound and collaboration. The band is composed of six people including a cellist and Becca on the Violin. Becca's talent is undeniable and so is Ra Ra Riot's future. Check them out if you have not already!!

So, you can imagine my excitment when I heard that Ra Ra Riot was to play at Interlochen only about 30 minutes away from my cottage in Northern Michigan. Below you can check out clips of Ra Ra Riot's concert at Interlochen. The next day, Becca and I got to go wakeboarding out on Crystal Lake! I then sat down with her to talk with her about touring with the band and what they have in store for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment