Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer Time in Northern Michigan


Kid Rock is a lyrical genius... I was a bit skeptical, but then he came out with his brilliant musical masterpiece with lyrics that spoke to me like no other song could...."It was summertime in Northern MichiganSplashing through the sandbarTalking by the campfireIt's the simple things in life like when and whereWe didn't have no internet...."


I too had those summer memories of growing up at the lake in Northern Michigan (NM.) Although, now I have internet and can share all the fun times had at while at my cottage on Crystal Lake!I now currently live in Chicago, but I am lucky enough to have the summer off to spend at my cottage for the entire month of July! And what better way to celebrate summer than with the family up (with the exception of Kristy and Aaron - who are dearly missed!) at the cottage to celebrate. I will covering the many celebrations tomorrow from the Frankfort Parade, to the Crystal Lake baseball game then to the awesome Frankfort fireworks. Check out the flyer about the best fireworks this side of the mitten below.




Happy Fourth of July! See you There!

No comments:

Post a Comment